Objectives of ERA-Net MARTEC II
The objective of this initiative is to strengthen the European Research Area in waterborne research by coordinating and developing synergies between national and regional maritime research programmes and policies.
The activities will include: exchange of information and knowledge among national programme owners and programme managers as well as the implementation of distinct joint activities. The network will include representatives from national and regional public authorities competent for public maritime research programmes and support policies. The objectives of the call are:
- Broadening the geographical scope by including new member countries in the network.
- Intensifying cooperation by launching new joint activities: joint calls and ERA-NET Plus.
- Strengthening the dissemination of waterborne research results at the national and European level.
- Structuring public support activities for maritime research in Europe to increase complementarities; there will be a focus on joint priority setting and a better coordinated research support portfolio.
- Implementation of joint actions in particular in the field of waterborne network operation research in attendance of the research themes and management procedures defined in ERA-NET MARTEC.
- Cooperation with the relevant European Technology Platform (WATERBORNE) to increase coordination with respect to the implementation of the SRA in this area.
- Collaborate with the ongoing ERA-NET Transport II to come to an integrated policy approach and a common platform to coordinate research programmes and funding activities.